Can't connect to a wifi network, it shows "disabled". Android



Have a Lenovo A269, gingerbread 2.3. I've used it very little the last few months. On another thread you can read that I haven't even transferred my contacts yet. So haven't dropped it, no damage whatsoever.

As of today it refuses to connect to a wlan network. I have only tried three, my home and 2 public hotspots, all unsecured. First it says "obtaning ip address", then "remembered", then it drops the connection and says "disabled".

Restarted my phone, same thing. I know my home connection is ok because I'm connected right now typing this.

Any suggestions? Is a factory reset in my immediate future? Which I don't care as I've only added a few apps to this phone and that's it.



First, backup so you're ready to factory reset.

Second, have it forget all networks to date. This varied with each Android so I don't go beyond the forget or delete advice. Folks, sorry, Android is that nutty.
Previous
Next Post »